In 12 months, I will be a quarter century old. In 12 months, everyone will be talking about how well their New Year’s resolutions went, or avoiding the discussion in order to not talk about how they forgot or failed. I hope with this list, I will fall into one or both of these categories. I have been known to own my mistakes and follies. Chances are, in 12 months I’ll be talking about how I’ve totally forgotten this list, and apologizing for my failure. There’s something refreshing about honesty.
But in 12 months, I will be a quarter century old, and wouldn’t it be lovely to be able to achieve a quarter of a hundred things?
They’re all manageable things. Except maybe number two. I wasn’t able to keep my rosemary Christmas tree alive during December. I’d show you a picture, but I’m frightfully embarrassed. But what do you think? Do-able?
- Create an indoor herb garden
- Don’t kill the indoor herb garden
- Get more fresh air
- Blog once a week minimum, here on CCFG
- Visit two cities I’ve never been to before
- Make my own bar soap
- Start an etsy store
- Finally try my hand at vlogging
- Keep a tider home
- Go camping
- Do something fun with my hair
- Take more pictures // June 13
- Spend one weekend partying
- Go to three music concerts
- Go on a trip with a friend
- Bake a really fancy cake. One with fancy icing. Possibly theme-based
- Finally get that tattoo I want
- Go to a sport game. A game of sports. That event where everyone goes to yell at a team
- Have a meal with a stranger
- Sing karaoke
- Go to a movie by myself
- Try a new food I can’t pronounce, or are afraid to try
- Make a meal plan for a month, and stick to it
- Write for someone other than myself
- Develop a taste for gin
What are your goals, aspirations, or things you want to do in the near future? Let’s remember, we’re not talking grand New Year’s resolutions. Just lovely things you want to achieve.