IT’S MY FAVOURITE VEGAN TIME OF MONTH! (sign up here. Thanks MeShell!)
Yes, I think this designated a separate post. Yes I am posting three times today. Yes it’s a complete accident because apparently I can’t keep to my blogging schedule no matter how hard I try. Yes in less than twelve hours there will be a new post. Yes you can hate me for clogging up your news feed.
Yes, you’re welcome.
I will be the first to admit that I am not a practicing vegan. But I will also say that my eating schedule is very diverse because a few months ago I learnt that you should vary the foods you eat once every four days which is something that hadn’t occurred to me before. I was already eating vegetarian for five days of the week, omnivore for two days, and that didn’t feel like enough variety. So now I eat vegetarian for three days, vegan for two and omnivore for two. I usually make omni my weekend ‘treat’ because Boyfriend is still slowly warming up to the idea of eating vegetarian more than half the time, and we have our weekends off together.
But that doesn’t mean that I can’t still participate in the Vegan Food Swap, expand my palate, and move to a three times a week vegan diet, does it?
This month I sent my package to Denise of the Veggie Witch. Pop over there and see what I got for her and her family of elflings!
I myself got a delightful package from Kelly of Three and a Half Vegans. I’m so tickled pink at all the things she sent me, I’m nearly fuscia.
- Ohm Bars – Kelly warned me that this tasted delicious, but like molasses. Guess what. I LOVE MOLASSES. I seriously need to write a post about how much I love molasses. I eat it with spoons all the time. I must find these here. They is so good.
- Homemade Strawberry Jam – I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m super super excited.
- Mrs. May’s Freeze Dried Strawberries and Pineapples – So good. So addicting. They’re puffy, it’s weird and interesting. But so good.
- Food Should Taste Good Olive Chips – I’m not the hugest fan of olives. But I ate pretty much all of these alone, and had to buy another bag to share with Boyfriend, pretending that I hadn’t eaten them already.
- Healthy Top Whipped Topping – I’ve seen this in stores, and I’ve been too afraid to buy it and try. But now I don’t have to! It’s made out of nuts and that blows my mind. I just need to find an occasion to use all of it (there’s a lot) and gobble it down with a spoon.
- BUTTERFLY SHAPED PASTA! – seriously. Butterflies. Look! I’m so excited to try.
I tried really hard to get a picture of Wesley in the box that Kelly sent. But each time I actually got him in the box for more than three seconds, or found my video camera to take a video of him jumping in and out and playing in it, he would run away and hide. Apparently he’s camera shy when it comes to this box.
But here’s a picture of Wesley in my Foodie Pen Pal’s box. I think he liked all the extra flaps.