IT’S MY FAVOURITE TIME OF MONTH AGAIN!
I sent my package to Kristy at Gastronomical Sovereignty (sp?) who lives a couple blocks away from me. I mailed her package like champ though, because I got really nervous standing at the end of her street thinking “she’ll probably think you’re really creepy just showing up, ringing the doorbell, getting nervous and running away leaving a package on her doorstep. You should probably just mail it.” So I did. You should check it out!
This month I received my delish delights from Teenie Baker who wowed me! If I saved and savoured everything from last month’s swap with Cooking with Jax, I gobbled (almost) everything up the second I got it this month! A very large shout out to a very Teenie Baker, who is totes adorbs in my books. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the delish delights!
This month, I got:
- Essential Vitamin Water – It’s a wee size! Perfect for holding in my hand while I run, or tuck into my classic college milk-crate basket that’s on my bike for power trips oot and aboot.
- Homemade Granola – I’ve been snacking on this hand over fist since I got it. There’s only half left, and I haven’t let Boyfriend have any.
- Greaves Rhubarb Strawberry Jam – Boyfriend remembers this from when he used to live in Ontario, and I looked on the back, and it’s from the area where he grew up! How did Teenie Baker know that Boyfriend loves Strawberry Rhubarb Anything? I don’t know! That’s the magic of Foodie Pen Pals!
- Nutted Couscous with Currants and Spice – I’m really excited to make this into a meal. I’m waiting for some awesome Morrocan-style inspiration to come my way. Or I’m waiting for a really long day, some exhaustion and a bowl. Either way, it will be magnificent.
- Reynolds Stay Brite Baking Cups – Oh my goosh. I have nice things. I really wanted to use these for the cupcakes I made the other day, but then I realized that they were lined with shiny things and that the fundraiser was on the beach and that shiny things attract seagulls and I don’t like seagulls and if someone dropped them on the ground, a seagull might drop something on them. That is a long and false explanation as to why I didn’t use them. I really didn’t use them because I didn’t want to, and wanted them all to myself for later times.
Thank you Teenie Baker for this month’s magic in a box!!
Wesley Cat really likes his gift too.
A Message from Lindsay (AKA: Fearless Leader)
Now, don’t you wanna join in the fun?! Here are the Foodie Penpals details:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.